information provided by users.
Important information about consent
Definition and Purpose – What are Cookies?
Web pages do not have mnemonic function. By browsing from one page of a website to another, you will not be recognized as the same user on each of the pages. A cookie is a small text file in which certain information about your browsing is stored. Cookies allow you to be recognised by the Website as a unique user and are sent from the Website
to your terminal (computers, tablets, smartphones, notebooks, etc.), to be stored and then retransmitted during your next visit.
The so-called “technical” cookies are essential for the functioning of the Internet and guarantee a more efficient functioning of the Website, enriching the browsing experience, as for example:
- remembering the settings you have entered, so you don’t have to change them every time you access a new page;
- storing the information recorded (e.g. user name, language, browser type, etc.).
For more information on cookies and privacy you can consult the documentation on the website of the Italian Data Protection Authority (Garante per la protezione dei dati personali)at the following link: www.garanteprivacy.it.By accessing and browsing the Website you express your consent to receive cookies.
Cookie Duration and Typology
Some cookies are automatically deleted at the end of the browsing session, while others remain stored in the terminals, normally hosted in the browser used (for example: Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc.). There are therefore two types of duration cookies:
Temporary cookies (or session cookies) are removed from your computer at the closure of the browser. They are used to store temporary information, such as items in your shopping cart.
Almost all cookies on the websites visited are session cookies whose activity ends at the closure of the respective Internet browser.
Persistent cookies are cookies stored on the users’ computer or other device during a browsing session, but which remain on the computer or other device after the end of such browsing session. Persistent cookies meet several requirements in the interest of users (they are used to store security information without the users having to re-type it each time they visit a specific site). They can be stored in the device for a variable but limited period of time, depending on the function they are performing.
These two types of cookies (session and persistent) may also be called “proprietary” and “third party” cookies.
When we speak of proprietary cookies, we mean cookies transmitted by the website owner. When we speak of third party cookies, we mean cookies transmitted by third parties, therefore set by a website other than the one you are currently visiting. The latter fall under the direct and sole responsibility of the third operator.
You may delete all cookies from your browser at any time. However, permanently disabling all cookies may cause browsing difficulties or occasionally the inability to use certain features of the Website. For example, you could no longer: use the InfoCert store to make your purchases, enter the Customer Area and manage the products you purchased, use our web-based products etc.
Our Website uses the following types of cookies:
- Navigation cookies: in order to offer you an easy-to-use Website that is able to adapt to your needs, we use navigation cookies to enable you to view our Website, to make it work correctly, to create your account, to log in by accessing reserved areas and to be able to proceed with your purchases. These cookies are essential for the proper
functioning of our Website.
- Functional cookies: we use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you use our Website as effectively as possible, for example by storing products you have previously viewed. Functional cookies are not essential to the operation of the Website, but they add services to enhance the overall browsing experience.
- Analytical cookies: we use analytical cookies to better understand how our buyers use the Website, to understand what works and what doesn’t, to optimize and improve the Website and to ensure that it is always stimulating for users. The data we obtain includes the web pages visited, the type of platform used, information regarding the date
and time and further data such as the number of clicks on a particular page, the words searched for and the texts entered while using the Website.
The cookies used are described in more technical detail in the appendix.
Most internet browsers are initially set to accept cookies automatically. You may change these settings to block cookies or to warn that cookies are being sent to your device. There are several ways to manage cookies. You can refer to the instruction manual or the help screen of your browser to find out how to adjust or change the settings.
For different devices (e.g., computers, smartphones, tablets, etc.), you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to reflect your cookie preferences.
For more detailed information about disabling cookies, please refer to the browser-specific configuration guide:
- disabling cookies on Mozilla Firefox (link);
- disabling cookies on Google Chrome (link);
- disabling cookies on Internet Explorer (link);
- disabling cookies on Safari (link);
- disabling cookies on Opera (link).
Data Protection Officer
Via Marco e Marcelliano 45
The sites help.infocert.it,futurodigitale.infocert.it and mediaroom.infocert.itare built on the WordPress platform, which uses the following cookies:
These cookies have no impact on your navigation (the first three serve to take account of the geographical area, the fourth is a session cookie and tells your browser whether or not you accept cookies). These cookies are automatically added by WordPress and are not used by the site. For more information see the page https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Cookies.
The Shop (ecommerce.infocert.it) is built through the Liferay framework, which uses the following cookies:
Purpose: This technical session cookieis set by the content management system to detect the existence of an open session by a user within the site and is deleted at the end of the session or when the browser is closed. It is a randomly generated ID.
Purpose: This technical persistent navigation cookieis set by the site’s content management system. It stores the language in which content is displayed to an anonymous user.
Third party cookies
The site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, to collect anonymous information about how visitors use the site. In particular, it uses the information collected to compile summary statements regarding traffic and to improve the site. Anonymous information collected concerns the site’s traffic and includes the number of visitors, the sources through which visitors arrived at the site and the pages they visited.
For more information: https://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html?hl=en
to prevent the use of personal data: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The cookies released by Google Analytics are:
- Purpose: Used by the Google Analytics tool to collect data for statistical purposes. This cookie determines the session of the visitor
- EXPIRY: Session cookie
- ORIGIN: Third Parties
- Purpose: Used by the Google Analytics tool to uniquely identify visitors
- EXPIRY: Persistent – 2 years after the setting/updating
- ORIGIN: Third Parties
- Purpose: Used by the Google Analytics tool to identify the duration of the visit of the site
- EXPIRY: Session cookie
- ORIGIN: Third Parties