2021 Gartner® Hype Cycle™ for Privacy
As per Gartner,
“Security and risk management leaders managing technology, information and resilience risk consider privacy a top priority. This Hype Cycle describes the technologies that protect personal data and business value to build trust with individuals. Use this Hype Cycle to prioritize risk and investment…”.
Click on the button below to discover the report at gartner.com
The Hype Cycle
“A mature privacy posture can only be achieved through usage of privacy management, privacy control and (typically data-centric) security capabilities. Cutting across various disciplines, privacy is much more than a security-only discipline. SRM leaders must maintain a working relationship with all business units to actively promote coordinated action toward compliance.
For example, opportunities can be found in business process reengineering, which is neither a security-specific, nor an IT-specific discipline. Similarly, the application of data minimization to the data life cycle is more of a discipline than a technology. On the other hand, SRM leaders are in a position to proactively facilitate the achievement of business goals in analytics and business intelligence through the use of data-centric controls like synthetic data or differential privacy.
Beyond sanctions, privacy risk mitigation focuses primarily on postbreach financial risks, consumer trust decay and brand damage. The technologies highlighted in this Hype Cycle
- Enable or enhance control over personal data use (for example, discovery and data classification).
- Create transparency and demonstrate compliance (for example, privacy management tools).
- Mitigate the risk of data misuse (for example, zero-knowledge proofs and homomorphic encryption). Mitigate the impact of unintended consequences (for example, format-preserving encryption)
- Aid in procedural decision-making for risk reduction (for example, privacy by design).
- Improve the customer experience (for example, influence engineering, which is a new entrant on the Hype Cycle).
- Other innovation profiles added to the Hype Cycle this year are federated machine learning, and sovereign cloud.”
Let InfoCert, a Vendor recognized by Gartner, introduce your Organization to the benefits and the evolution of technologies such as Decentralized Identity, one of the technologies “at the Peak” for Gartner.
Gartner, Hype Cycle for Privacy, 2021, 13 July 2021, Bart Willemsen.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
GARTNER and Hype Cycle are registered trademarks and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from InfoCert S.P.A.